Goods In Transit

Providing comprehensive cover for UK based goods carriers, such as hauliers, warehouse-keepers, couriers and freight forwarders, covering their contractual liability for loss or damage to customers’ or their own goods.

Whether this be whilst in transit, loss whilst in transit, damage caused during an accident and damage caused during the normal course of transit.

If you use your vehicle for transporting goods, you will generally fall into one of the following categories;

Own Goods – If you’re using your vehicle to carry your own work-related goods, tools and equipment, you’ll require Goods in
Transit cover. Different insurers will offer varying levels of cover, but generally on an All Risks basis

Haulage/Courier – If you use your vehicle to transport other people’s goods, or get paid to move cargo, you’ll need a policy that covers you for any potential loss.

Cover can be provided for:

  • Limited/Specified Contractual i.e. Road Haulage Association (RHA), British International Freight Association (BIFA), Freight Transport Association (FTA), UK Warehouse Keepers Association (UKWKA)
  • Statutory Liability i.e. CMR Convention, Hague-Visby Rules, International Air Transport Association (IATA)
  • Enhanced Liability / All Risks Full Responsibility Cover
  • Common Law Liability – arises when contracts are disputed.
  • All Risks Own Goods

Complete the form below and we will contact you to gather all the information we need to create your tailored policy.

Enquire online

Goods in Transit
Preferred contact time
Existing Policy due for Renewal? *
I have read and understand the Terms of Business Agreement *

We aim to reply to all enquiries within one hour during normal business hours. 

Send us a message

13 + 8 =

© 2020 Fleet and Commercial Insurance Brokers

Fleet and Commercial Insurance Brokers is a trading name of Fleet and Commercial Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 919968. You can check this on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website or by telephoning the FCA on 0800 111 6768.

You can find out more about your rights by visiting the website of the Financial Ombudsman

Registered in England & Wales. Company Registration Number 07709697, our registered office is Cranbrook House, 287/291 Banbury Road, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX2 7JQ.